Tuesday, September 02, 2008

7 Years !

Today is our 7 year wedding anniversary! Yesterday we left the kids in very good hands (Bompa and Leslie drove over from Idaho- Thank you!). Even though it was the first time I'd be away from Margo all night I didn't feel worried about her.

Drove up to Seattle where Jon had some surprises in store. Our first mission was to go to a fancy bath shop and get some fancy bath supplies. We went to Lush and bought over-priced bath bombs and bubble bath. Then we went in search of some lunch. It was nice to walk around the city a little without kids in tow. Off to check in to the hotel- he would not tell me which one we were staying in! We get to this nice, new hotel in downtown Seattle and I'm told I have a spa appointment! So I guess I'm off to get my nails done. It was almost too long... two hours for pedicure and manicure but my nails have never looked so good. Up to the room- the spa people had to tell me which room I was in. The room is gorgeous with a huge bathroom and bathtub built for two, complete with water pouring in from the ceiling! Very cool. There was a complementary half bottle of champagne and some strawberries. I indulged in a half a glass... don't call the pregnancy police on me! We enjoyed a very bubbly, bubble bath and got ready to go see a show.


We went to the Triple Door- a "supper club" and saw The Waifs. They were fabulous! It was a very civilized way for adults (including one pregnant woman) to see a band, although the band did make a joke at one point that they felt like they were on a cruise ship. We enjoyed a good meal and listened and watched a fabulous band.

I love my husband :)

Here's some Waifs lyrics that brought a smile to my face and a tear to my eyes last night because I thought of how lucky I am to have such a sweet man.


Eternity

i love you from the deepest part of me
i love you in a way that makes me free
when everything we know has ceased to be
i’m gonna love you on into eternity

when i was a child i behaved like a child at play
i thought like a child and i sought my childish way
spoke like a child but a child no more i’ll be
now i love you on into eternity

well my ears cannot hear and my eyes can’t see
my mind has not the power to conceive
everything that’s been prepared for me
now i love you on into eternity



Thank you baby!

No comments: